Field positions responsible for assisting in a variety of business areas including surveying and engineering field work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect information needed to carry out new surveys, using tax maps, filed maps previous survey data, photographs, and other relevant information.
- Adjust and operate surveying instruments such as prisms, theodolites, and robotic distance-measuring equipment.
- Position and hold the vertical rods, or targets, that instrument operators use for sighting to measure angles, distances, and elevations.
- Search for corner markers, monuments, property irons, and survey points.
- Cuts and clears brush and trees from line of survey.
Preferably students pursuing majors in areas such as engineering, architecture, construction, mathematics, or computer science.
Apply for this position today!