Drafts detailed construction drawings, topographical surveys, and related maps and specifications used in the planning and construction of civil engineering projects such as highway design, subdivisions and site plans by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Prepares drawings, specifications, and other engineering related items based on coordination with the Civil Engineer.
- Prepared site plans and subdivision plans including profiles and cross-sections, indicating relation of existing and proposed topographical contours to buildings, retaining walls, overhead power lines, and other structures.
- Drafts detailed drawings of structures and installations such as roads, culverts, water service, sewage disposal systems, etc.
- Computes volumes of excavations and fills and prepares graphs and hauling diagrams used in earthmoving operations.
- Other duties may be assigned as the business needs change.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; provides vision and inspiration to peers.
- Business Acumen – Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Preferably 3 to 5 years’ experience preparing drawings for Civil Engineering projects.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college, university, or technical school is preferred. AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
Apply for this position today!